The Hike is a plucky and sweet adventure story about three intrepid young female explorers who set out to conquer the outdoors in their local forest.
“These young explorers demonstrate the best principles of time spent in the woods: observing, admiring and learning. And, through their delightfully illustrated adventure, so do we.”
—The New York Times
This spirited picture book is filled with lyrical language that captures the majesty of the natural world, coupled with a fun narrative.
• Features a glossary and scientific backmatter
• Includes a sketchbook by one of the characters that highlights discoveries the girls make along the trail
• Abundant labels throughout for learning about various plants and animals
The Hike celebrates how fun and rewarding it is to explore nature in your own backyard!
This book is a must-have for budding scientists, best friends, and all adventurers in preschool and kindergarten.
• A wonderful gift for parents and grandparents of kids who like to explore outside
• Perfect for teachers and librarians looking for an outdoors-themed book
• Great for fans of We're Going on a Bear Hunt by Helen Oxenbury, The Bad Seed by Jory John, and We Are the Gardeners by Joanna Gaines
Alison Farrell has a BA in painting and an MSE in art education. Her first book was Cycle City, and she lives in Portland, Oregon.